Thursday, March 17, 2011

Etc...

Busy fortnight, not much time to spill my brains on teh intertubes but a quick post and video to encapsulate my thoughts on the world at the moment...



I do wonder if the government of the US is the equivalent to the band playing while the Titanic sinks... (An Analogy, please no emails about the band of the Titanic, or Nero and his fiddle for that matter...) Climate Change, Economic Crisis, Nuclear plants in Japan exploding, biggest oil spill on record= no substantive policy change.

Bradley Manning. I can't express the absolute disgust I feel for the Obama administration over this issue. It's the old "charge him with something or release him" issue, what is being done at the moment is so close to torture it isn't funny...

Carbon price/tax/levy. While I don't agree with it I see the need, and am puzzled by the Government's inability to defend it's position. Just like the Mining Tax and Flood Levy arguments the Government just hasn't come to bat on this one...

Sigh