Sunday, May 6, 2012

Midnight Bath Blog...


Not 100% sure when I became a Bath person, but it was recently and the more paranoid part of me fears it's my subconscious slowly succumbing to age. The feeling of age creeping into my brain cavity happened just over a year ago I think when I busted my ankle up in a pot hole. I am a person often prone to stumbling and falling over, my hand eye coordination has always been a suspect and not being a serviceable component of the whole brain thing I am kinda stuck with it. But any way, being clumsy on my feet meant that I am used to minor sprains and bumps so it came as a shock when I rolled my ankle in a pot hole on Mason st that it stayed injured. Any idea of youthful invulnerability was wiped out in the weeks that followed, ankle bound and on occasion using a cane I hobbled around my goings and comings. This drove the entropy of age home to me, especially as the ankle is still tender to this day and a good dip in hot water with my Ipad streaming radio helps me relax and take my mind off my aging joints. So it's 1:30am and I have just climbed out of a hot bath, relaxed and youthful again much like Elizabeth Bathery emerged from her bath of virgin's blood. It'll last an hour or so until the cold of life creeps back in and I feel less capable than I was yesterday again...
Time, warm water and musing.. oh and a rubber duck...