Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lazy Sunday post

In the interest of posting more often (something I'm very bad at to be honest) I thought I'd try to post every Sunday with stuff I am reading and watching. Some people do this sort of posting very well (Ping Kate, seriously go read her blog it's awesome) and I'm giving it a go to appear to be less piecemeal about my posting. (It's like a muscle yeah? Keep exercising and it gets easier?) 

So first a wonderfully weedy post about the racial characteristics of Anime characters, exactly the sort of pop-culture/Genre fiction article I like to read. The cultural flow between the west and Japan has always fascinated me, almost as much as as how fans address the results on both sides of the cultural divide...

Second, a wonderfully restored video of a classic track and one that did mark a bit of a turning point in Britain post "Sergent Peppers". Youtube is a wondrous thing and it amazing the skill with which people restore and repost this footage (Often to as high or higher standard than commercial remasters) before it get's DMCAed into oblivion...