Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday: War is Over!


Posting late tonight, the holiday season tends to get one busy. So a short holiday shout out to all you folks who read my often frenzied and incoherent musings. As of this writing I have one day of work to go before the end of year break, then a meal to cook for Christmas day. (Something I actually enjoy doing a lot, so long as it is a solo operation. I get control freaky)
Something many of you may not know about me; my birthday is the day after John Lennon died. Or adjusting for timezone very much the same day. I still remember where I was when I heard the news, I have no idea if I was aware enough of who he was seeing as I was just about to turn 4 years old at the time. But I do recall my mother talking about it in the kitchen with the radio reports playing in the background. Human memory is ultimately highly fallible; but standing next to the family's old AM radio/turntable and listening to the upset in my mother's voice is a very sharp and clear one for me.
So for the season, here is a Lennon video and one who's sentiments I hope one day will come to pass.