Sunday, April 13, 2014

Technical difficulties

Do You know how important a space bar is to blogging? Very when you do it in English let me tell you. So my coverage of all things Dune was hampered this week by the deterioration of the quality of my keyboard, which eventually decided not to space entirly.
This topic has been a much more interesting one than I at first thought, Lynch's Dune honestly deserves a very detailed critical re-examining at some stage, one that puts it in context with other versions of Herbert's novel and Lynch's other works. (I'll be doing that briefly in these virtual pages but a more detailed examination could be done.)
To keep you all tidied over for the time being I managed to find a wonderful interview on Youtube with Lynch and Herbert just before the film was released. It actually confirms many of my own thoughts about the novel and film as well as getting to hear Herbet himself talk about the process of film adaptation. (And why Authors are often so bad at it, I'm looking at you King)


The Miniseries watch continues, amazingly I have been side tracked by another adaptation in Brain Fuller's "Hannibal" TV series which I am enjoying for the most part. (Especially as it does not simply ape "The Silence of the Lambs" in form or feel)

Type again (with spaces!) soon.